Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Do Universities Provide the Market With What Market Needs ?

Last August, I visited Palestine and spent an unprecedented time away from the chaos of daily routine business affairs. In fact, I was surprised from the improvement in the real estate industry in most of the cities I visited such as Jenin and Ramallah. However, I was wandering whether there was a real improvement in the educational process in our universities.

The product of any university is those students equipped with the appropriate knowledge and skills they got during the 4-5 years they spent in the school. I hope that one day we will have a collaborative effort among all who are concerned to provide the market place with what it needs and stop the push approach where the status quo says it sarcastically " these are the students I graduate, take them or leave them"

My immediate and urgent problem is where to leave them?

No comments:

Post a Comment